*THESE RATES ARE FOR RENO, NV CLASSES; OTHER CITIES MAY BE A BIT HIGHER
$1,890.00 (Hotel included)
A. Students From Out of Town – $1,890.00 – Includes 5 nights hotel ($945.00 to confirm your place. The remaining amount due on last day of course)
– We pay your hotel for 5 nights (we recommend you fly in on Sunday, and return Friday anytime after 4:00 pm)
– Each day we will take you to and from hotel to humane society
– Breakfast and lunch is paid for by Animal Consultants International Inc.
$1,290.00 (Locals only)
B. Students that live locally – $1,290.00 – Does not include hotel ($645.00 to confirm your place. The remaining amount due on last day of course).
(ASK ABOUT OUR MILITARY PERSONNEL DISCOUNT)
|January Graduates||March Graduates||April Graduates|
Joel Silverman’s What Color is Your Dog?® Dog Trainer Certification Course #1 (JSDT1) is a FIVE DAY HANDS ON dog training course, which gives students the opportunity to learn about the fundamentals and methods that go into becoming a dog trainer, and most importantly, get HANDS ON experience under one of the best. One of the questions we get is, “why is the course only five days, when other courses are three to six months?” The answers to that question is below.
– Joel has sold over 500,000 dog training DVDs
– He has hosted two nationally syndicated TV series
– He has authored four books on dog training
– You saw Joel in the national commercial for Chase Bank that ran nearly 4,000 times nationally, and now you can learn directly from him!
– Joel won 2008 Dog Trainer of the Year Award at the Westminster Dog Awards Dinner
– Joel won the 1986 Behavior of the Year Award at the International Marine Animal Trainers Association Conference (I.M.A.TA.)
– As a Hollywood dog trainer, from 1997-2014 he was responsible for the training and coordination of the dogs and cats for nearly all the national commercials and print ads for IAMS dog food
– This year Joel Silverman was ranked #5 DOG TRAINER IN THE UNITED STATES.
– To learn about Joel, READ HIS BIO>>
For those of you that are members of the CPDT and IAABC, Joel’s What Color is Your Dog?® Dog Trainer Certification Course #1 has been accredited by the IAABC and the CPDT. When you pass this course, you can add the certification JSDT1 after CPDT and IAABC:
CPDT – 21 CEUs
IAABC – 25 CEUs
All attendees that pass both the written and practical testing will receive a signed certificate. To show they have passed this course, in the future they may then use the letters “JSDT1” after their name.
This dog training course is designed for:
Joel Silverman has been training dogs professionally for the past 40 years, and is what is known as a balanced dog trainer, and there are thousands of balanced dog trainers across America. In general, a balanced dog trainer is a professional dog trainer that will not necessarily use just one style, or one training technique to teach a dog. Instead, he or she will use a number of dog training techniques, and those techniques might even vary with the same dog, in the same training session.
One of the differences between Joel Silverman’s What Color is Your Dog?® Dog Trainer Certification Course and other online dog training courses is that students that attend this course spend 90% of the time working with a variety of dogs with different personalities. This is the only course that gives students the opportunity to learn one on one with Joel Silverman. Other courses require hours of written online teaching over the course of months; yet only give the student a small percentage of time with the mentor or trainer. Who is the mentor the students learn from? Bad habits that trainers develop often come from the fact that they never learned the right way from the very beginning from their teacher, and never got a grasp of a good foundation. No other course gives the students the chance to work hands on with seasoned veteran dogs like Joel’s dog Duchess, who starred with him in the Chase Bank national commercial. Successful dog trainers will tell you that having the practical experience overshadows any reading, writing, or learning online. Students will be required to learn from documents, however, the majority of learning will come from practical dog training. No other online dog trainer certification course gives the students the opportunity to actually have their hands on a number of untrained dogs with a variety of personalities, and teach these six essential basic behaviors from start to finish, in just a week. Every student will have their hands on every dog at every stage of every behavior from start to finish.
* This basic dog trainer certification course is designed to give individuals that want to train dogs, the opportunity to do so right after finishing Joel’s course. They do this by learning to train six essential behaviors from scratch, as well as learn some of the most basic fundamentals of dog training that includes Joel’s patented What Color is Your Dog?® dog training method. Excellent dog trainers do not become excellent in six months or even two years. As with any other vocational career, Joel believes an individual will take the very basic foundation he or she learns early on, and build upon it from there and begin to either excel or falter. Dog trainers that learn a good foundation early on, and do not develop bad habits will excel. Dog trainers that do not learn a good foundation, and develop bad behaviors early on will falter. Joel personally knows a number of individuals that own some online dog trainer certification courses, and some of them are fine trainers and fine people in their own right. But believing in the concept that learning to be a dog trainer should be 90% practical, the question is who is going to be teaching the student the hands-on portion of the curriculum? The problem is that with a number of dog trainer certification courses, because the student either never got a chance to work with an excellent trainer, or did not get enough practical teaching, they developed bad habits. Joel’s basic dog training certification course is a great example of just the opposite. It is a short five-day course that gives students the foundation and the opportunity to learn the basics of dog training, and not develop those bad habits. There are only six behaviors they will learn from the practical portion of the class, but these are essential behaviors, and when they are finished, they will have learned to teach these behaviors, and do it well. This is why this course is especially great for students that own their own dog day care businesses. This certification provides them the opportunity to offer something special and different to their existing clients they just learned through Joel’s course. There is no question that Joel recommends that students who finish his course continue to learn, and even read books from other trainers as well. In the future, Joel will begin to add three to four more certification courses that will give students the opportunity to expand the training they offer to their clients even more.
By having the opportunity to work with these dogs all three of these stages: